Alameda county california marriage certificate

The amendment form VS is only used to correct misspelled names child, mother, father physician or add the first and middle name when there was no name registered in the past. To add the Father's Name to a Birth Certificate, you have to use different forms. If the parents are married, you may use the Acknowledgement of Paternity Form VS and submit that signed by both parents, along with the Copy of the Marriage License.

Q: I want to change the name on the Birth Certificate. What should I do?

Correcting or Amending Vital Records

Q: Can I change or delete the Father's name on my child's birth certificate? Only if you have a court order that allows you to do that. For more information call the Alameda Superior Court at Q: How do I change the Father's Name on my child's birth certificate? You just need to send the following documents to the California Department of Public Health along with the appropriate fee:.

Warning: JavaScript is OFF

If you want to get married in Alameda County or anywhere in California , you must have a marriage license. You can get married in any county in California after you have the license and are not required to marry in the county where you obtained the license, but the marriage must be recorded in the county where you got the license.

Marriage Certificate

There is no waiting period; couples can be married in the county clerk-recorder's office by a county deputy marriage commissioner immediately after they apply for the license as long as they arrive at the office by p. Both people who intend to get married must appear at the county clerk-recorder's office in person when applying for the license.

You must show up before 4 p. Monday through Friday even though the office is open until p. The office suggests you avoid going between noon and 2 p.

Your marriage license is good for 90 days from the date it was issued. If your wedding is delayed longer than this, you will need to apply for a new license , which involves paying the fee again. View Meeting Calendar.

Open Government

Phone Directory See Department pages for physical address. Skip to main content. Your current preferred language is English United States Spanish Select this as your preferred language Chinese Simplified Select this as your preferred language Tagalog Filipino Select this as your preferred language Vietnamese Select this as your preferred language Korean Select this as your preferred language.

City of Alameda - Home. Open Government.